Ever wonder what your membership in the Canadian Celiac Association gets you?
For starters, our lobbying directly influenced the federal government to pass new regulations requiring Clear Labelling of Allergens in food products. These regulations came into effect in August, 2012, greatly improving the lives of people living with Celiac Disease and other food intolerances or allergies.
- We provide Local Chapters where members can connect with others who are dealing with the same condition and attend meetings at which information and ideas are shared.
- We provide a National Website that responds to people’s questions and concerns about Celiac Disease and the gluten-free diet.
- We’re developing a Certification Program that will license food producers who guarantee that their products are completely safe for the gluten-free diet.
- We’re conducting a nation-wide Right to Safe Food program that is intended to ensure that people who are – or will be – reliant on institutions for their food (e.g. college cafeterias, senior’s residents, hospitals, care homes, meals-on-wheels) can be assured that the food prepared for them will be safe.
- We provide a Pocket Dictionary that’s the most reliable resource available for information on what’s safe for people living with Celiac Disease. This resource is continually updated.
- We support a Professional Advisory Board of doctors, dieticians and scientists who conduct research and studies into Celiac Disease.
- We attended the Family Medicine Forum in Vancouver, 2011 and in Montreal, 2012, disseminating important information to family physicians from across Canada.
- We’ve developed a peer-counsellors program that trains people to help those new to the gluten-free diet.
- We’ve produced national awareness materials (e.g. “This Pizza is Deadly”) to increase awareness of Celiac Disease across Canada.
- We have pamphlets, books and other resources available at reduced rates for members at the CCA Store.
The cost of membership – $65 ($50 for renewal) – is less than the cost of one naturopath appointment. Join today!